I did not read through the whole thread, so maybe I missed (sorry for that).

Afaik maven plugins use a different ClassLoader hierarchy than you might expect.
Most frameworks use ParentClassLoaderFirst, but maven afaik uses
ClientClassLoaderFirst.

Which means it's perfectly fine to to put a javax.* dependency in your plugin
classpath. The only thing which is not allowed is to overwrite native SE stuff.

LieGrue,
strub