I'm using version 2.13 of the maven failsafe plugin.

I have aseries of failsafe executions defined in my POM. Each execution takes a unique set of propertiesthat feed selenium tests the information to test a particular browser version.

<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-failsafe-plugin</artifactId>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>integration-test-selenium-firefox-12.0</id>
<configuration>
<argLine>-Dselenium.port=${selenium.port}
-Dbrowser=firefox
-Dwebapp.url=http://${local_ip}:${cargo.port}/myAwesomeApp/
-Dselenium.host=${selenium.host}
-Dcargo.home=${cargo.container.home}
-Dbrowser.version=12.0
-Dcontext=myAwesomeApp
</argLine>
<includes>
<include>**/selenium/*ITCase.java</include>
</includes>
</configuration>
<goals>
<goal>integration-test</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
...etc.
</plugin>

What I noticed is that if I specify -Dit.test in my command line to cite the specific test class that I'd like to test (i.e., mvn -Dmaven.failsafe.debug -Dit.test=your.TestCase clean verify -Pproduction,selenium), all of the properties within the execution argLine are never set. So the selenium.port is null, the browser is null, webapp.url is null, etc. etc.

Is this the intended behaviour? This does not happen if I specify -Dmaven.failsafe.debug. I was hoping that it'd just add it.test to the existing collection of properties.

Any insight is appreciated,

Tim