Slightly OT.

Why are you using <argLine> which is for things like JVM memory options
(think -Xmx512m) and not
http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-failsafe-plugin/integration-test-mojo.html#systemPropertyVariablesfor
setting the system properties in surefire/falsesafe's forked JVMs?

You may have a bug, but I suspect the work-around is to use the correct
tool for the job, i.e. systemPropertyVariables

Now if the JVM options are not being passed through, that is a bug