[/Apache hat]
[CloudBees hat]
If you *really* just want to get a Maven repo up and running, just sign up
for a CloudBees account. That will give you a WebDAV file share that you
can use as a Maven repository. Not as good as a MRM, but it's free and it's
not a SCM (ab)used into being a Maven repository... oh and you get a
Jenkins with 300 build minutes per month... more if you are doing a FOSS
project.
[/CloudBees hat]
[Apache hat]
Best is just to get the artifacts into Central, esp if you intend on others
using your project.

-Stephen