Hi all,

Rather than getting into an eclipse vs. vim vs. emacs flamewar, I'd rather
just ask: Andrew, did you try attaching your jdb to a running java instance
launched via exec-maven-plugin as I suggested yet?

You can configure exec-maven-plugin in your pom so that launching the
compatible java process is as easy as "mvn exec:exec". You could even
specify jdb as the executable directly if that's what you want and then you
wouldn't even need the attachment step. Using profiles (yes, this is one of
their benign uses!) you can even set up multiple different behaviors of
exec:exec for different common situations. Really I don't think there is
any need whatsoever for a dedicated "mvn exec:jdb" here.

-Curtis