> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:28:08 -0500
> From: rwhee...@artifact-software.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Looking for org.apache.poi 3.10-FINAL
>
> I don't think that it has anything to do with m2e since the Nexus repo
> has the same problem proxying Maven Central.
>
> It is not a Maven problem but it is most likely that someone will find
> the warning if it is added to the discussion of Maven Central in the
> Maven docs.
> It is unlikely that a Maven user would read the FAQ on Maven Central
> since once you set up the link in your Repo or (God forbid in your
> settings.xml), you don't really have any direct contact with Maven Central.
>
> The most likely place that a new person would encounter Maven Central is
MG> ...I had a chance to read the FINE manual today and when including remote
repositories:

Option=Download Remote Indexes
This field controls the downloading of the remote indexes. If enabled, Nexus
will download
the index, if it exists, and use that for its searches as well as serve that up
to any clients which
ask for the index (like m2eclipse). The default for new proxy repositories is
enabled, but all
of the default repositories included in Nexus have this option disabled. To
change this setting
for one of the proxy repositories that ship with Nexus, change the option, save
the repository,