http://mojo.codehaus.org/templating-maven-plugin/ is probably the best matching solution for you.

thanks,
Robert

Op Wed, 16 Jul 2014 20:18:01 +0200 schreef <alejandro.e...@miranda.com>:

I have a java class that has a constant in it (static final String). This
string is a version number, e.g. "1.3.2-test". I need to have this same
value in a maven plugin configuration (the jaxb plugin) so I am wondering,
is it better to keep the actual declaration in the code and somehow tell
maven to take it from the code, or is it better to declare it in the pom
and tell java to take the literal value to define the constant from the
pom??

I don't know how to do either so I would also like to hear some ideas. I
am hoping i don't have to use resource filtering since having a source
file as a resource is kind of problematic to me. It has to be ONLY that
file that gets filtered, it would need to be in a non-standard location
not src/main/java (maybe this is not true), and in general, it seems to me
that treating source code as resource is counter-intuitive

Has anyone else solved this issue with the DRY principle across behaviour
and build system?

The short background is that maven generates an XML schema via jaxb and
this schema file is then made available at runtime via a service

Thank you,

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.