Hi,

I have recently started playing with the maven indexer [1], following the
examples [2], and I have some questions (since AFAIS, documentation is
practically unexistent on the matter):

1) From what I can understand, you need an IndexingContext for each
repository you plan to index. This makes you end up with n lucene indexes,
one for each repository. Is there any way that I could have just 1 lucene
index, with all my repositories indexed in the same place? If the main
purpose is searchig, why scatter the indexed information across n indexes
and make the whole process dificult? Maybe I`m missing something.

2) On the same line as the first question, when it comes to searching, it
seems that I can use a MergedIndexingContext to perform a search on
multiple (all) indexed repositories (IndexingContexts). How does this merge
the search results? I assume it takes each lucene index and queries it
individually, but this probably means that the lucene scores of these
merged results are completely messed up and ureliable, right?
Any suggestions on how to properly perform search over multiple indexed
repositories?

3) About the Plexus Container: Am I forced to initialize and use one, or
can I/should manually instantiate the default implementations and use them
instead?

I`ll probably come up with more questions along the way, hope someone will
find the time to guide me on the right path.

Thanks,
Eduard

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-indexer/
[2]