Maven Indexer requires FS access, hence, you can index only local repositories.
To have indexing context of remote repository, you must ensure that remote
repository publishes the index. If remote does not publish it, you have no
other choice than nag the remote repository owner to publish it.

You have working examples in repo that shows how to get and keep fresh Central
index (that is a remote index and does publish index).

--
Thanks,
~t~