I could live with this being handled by adding an attribute to the elements mentioned below, if that is easier than adding new elements to the model.

Ron

On 17/04/2015 12:06 PM, James Green wrote:
Actually I think <comment> ought to be possible within pretty much any
"instruction" within the POM:

A dependency management item
A dependency
A build profile
A build plugin

However the first two are probably the most useful and were my original
desire. Now I can imagine this becoming the start of a more descriptive set
of declarations to describe the "whys" of a project but this kicks things
off in a pretty generic way.

And it's not just for the reader of an XML file to avoid going down a bunch
of upgrades to discover "why" there's a really old pinned library the
project doesn't even directly depend on. It's potentially useful for
interpreters elsewhere: imagine GitHub/IDE decide to provide a POM viewer
and it shows the comments within this. Might provide explanations as to
security matters and perceived bloat.

On 17 April 2015 at 16:55, Sander Verhagen <san...@sanderverhagen.net>