On 30/05/2015 1:29 AM, Dan Tran wrote:
Hi

  I would like to ask if the community can share with me what it takes to
maintain an enterprise build system with continuous integration of 100+
developer + QA and growing using Maven.  The build system contains many
components with their own release cycle and they do integrate together.

    - is java skill set to develop plugin a must?
a) Most projects should not need to develop plug-ins.
b) This is a one-time need if it exists and there are companies and consultants available to do this for you
    - do you have a team or just a few of deep understanding of Maven
developers?
One personwill do.
    - will a none java RelEng able to perform Maven release?
Sure
    - does your RelEng maintains the pom or developers?
developers should not touch POMs
    - what are your challenges?
a) adjusting your project structure and methodology to incorporate "the maven way" b) resisting the impulse to try to impose an existing mindset about development and build processes on Maven

Thanks

-Dan

--
Ron Wheeler