Use a file based remote repository instead of trying to build in offline mode.

You can either use a repository manager to create the remote repository or an
empty local repository with a full build. As noted though, you have to remove
all local repository metadata and files if you create the repository locally.

Now that you have the repository that contains everything you need to build
create a settings.xml with a mirror pointing to a file-based repository. You
shouldn’t need to build in offline mode but using a file-base repository in
your mirror will effectively be the same. This way you will not be subject to
every Maven plugins potentially flaking handling of offline mode.

> On Nov 13, 2015, at 7:54 AM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@swisspost.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Stephen Connolly wrote:
>
>> IOW
>>
>> mvn -o -llr goal
>>
>> Should do what you want where you have changed the repo url. The
>> _remote.repositories stores the URL of the repository not just the id.
>
> My local repo was populated using Maven 3.3.8 or 3.3.9 and those files never
> contained any URL.
> =============== %< ==============
> $ find local.repo -name _remote.repositories -exec grep '://' {} +
> $ cat local.repo/org/apache/maven/maven-model/3.1.0/_maven.repositories
> #NOTE: This is an internal implementation file, its format can be changed
> without prior notice.
> #Fri Nov 13 09:38:55 CET 2015
> maven-model-3.1.0.pom>maven-proxy=
> =============== %< ==============
>
> therefore I've changed the URL in the settings to be sure, that no access is
> possible.
>
> As reported  it actually works for 3.1.1, 3.2.5 and 3.3.9 without -llr
> unless the assembly plugin is used. And for 3.3.9 even -llr did not help,
> again due to plugin incompatibilities.
>
>> If you are doing offline, better would be to have a repository manager and
>> a hostname to host it at... but if you want to use a file:/// URL then you
>> need -llr AIUI
>
> In an escrow situation, you certainly have no repo manager. You simply have
> to ensure that the provided source, libraries and tools can be used to
> recreate the product. However, the complete resolver mechanism is extremely
> brittle in offline mode.
>
> Cheers,
> Jörg

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition