The repositoryId is the same for both.  They are getting uploaded to the
same repository.

So face I have tested the following:

1.  verified username/password by logging into the web ui

2.  verified that server id in settings.xml matches the distribution
repository id in the pom.xml

3.  verified correct settings.xml was being used.  I used

               mvn help:effective-settings

4.  verified the url is correct and the protocol being used is http and not
https

5.  using one of the latest versions of maven i.e. 3.3.3