Hi,

On 6/5/16 7:22 AM, Roland Huss wrote:
Hi Karl Heinz,

Really bad idea to hijack an existing jira issue..
Please open a new one or if you have problems creating an issue please
ask here on the users list first...

Agreed, but I really couldn't create a new ticket at that time (only
service desk ticket were enabled) so that what my last ressort. Sorry,
very likely my fault, since I could open a ticket today -->
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6036

So if you couldn't open a new ticket than you should have asked first and waited untill someone has ansered and helped you which you didn't...and changed things without a need...I have removed the comment in MNG-2716..

Do you really think introducing XML namespaces would make the handling of the pom better ? In particular if you have a separate namespace for every plugin? (At apache maven project we have 49 plugins ? This would mean in consequence 49 namespaces? And at mojohaus there are about another 50 plugins? So this means having to use the configuration parameters for all the plugins and on top you need to do namespace configuration in your pom file? I'm the opinion this would make things worse than better...(There are some things which are better)...

In general pom changes in any way could only become part of pom model 5 (Maven 4/5 in line) cause it would break to many things...You can take a deep look into the jira for Maven 4..
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316922&version=12330198

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise