On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 11:17:08 +0100 Stefan Seidel <ssei...@vub.de> wrote:

> you don't usually depend on EJBs in your WARs.

That's actually right. You depend on the API (interfaces) of the EJBs.
This is usually in separate JAR (but it is not required to be).

> You should depend on
> ejb- client. IIRC you'll have to explicitely configure your EJB
> project to create an ejb-client artifact.

You mean this:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin/examples/generating-ejb-client.html

That's one possibility to separate interfaces and classes. But IMHO
this only sufficies very simple scenarios. I usually separate the
classes and interfaces by hand and have different modules for them.

- martin