Hi Gary,

On 24.03.19 17:55, ga...@oedata.com wrote:
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the questions, I'll try to explain.

The parent pom aggregates a library (jar) from different and sometimes
interdependent  modules. The parent pom checks out the module sources with the
poms and compiles them into a single jar.

Maybe I misunderstand a thing here. But it sounds as if you have a
resulting library which results in a single jar? Let us ignore at the
first place the checkout things etc.

Basicly I would say if your result is a single jar you usually have a
single maven project?

If your result is a single jar which is combined from different modules
I would reconsider the architecture cause usually it's better having
separated modules like *-api, *-core etc. and may be a supplemental
thing could be a shaded-jar which combines several of them...

Having seperated modules make testing easier which means you can put
your unit tests into the appropriate module etc.

Do you use maven-shade/maven-assembly-plugin?

If you like to produce a BOM file. The usualy way is to make a separate
module which contains simply the dependencyManagement with mentioning
the modules it should contain.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise