Hello Hervé.

>> I tried to upgrade those
>> dependencies to the most recent Doxia and Sitetools versions.

> by "most recent", do you mean most recent from 1.x or 2.0.0-M*?

I mean 2.0.0-M*. Actually, the project works nicely and I would have
ignored the Dependabot suggestions, but all those Maven warnings about
outdated or EOL components made me start upgrading them. I was under the
impression that Doxia milestones are just as stable and production-ready
as Surefire ones, so I did not think much and gaven them a go.

> 1.x should not cause issues
>
> 2.0.0-M*, as expected from the version number, is more risky and not yet
> fully
> stable

Then maybe it is better to revert to 1.x and let users live live with the
Plexus warnings for a little longer.

> Such reporting plugin coding has so many ways to be done that sharing a
> reproducer is the easiest way to have concrete view on what is happening,
> particularly if you're going to 2.0.0-M*

Sure, it is about https://github.com/dev-aspectj/aspectj-maven-plugin.

On the main branch,
  -- an older commit like 93110452 shows the (stable) situation before I
     started various and sundry plugins and dependencies,
  -- second-latest commit 7b8706a7 - see also build
     https://github.com/dev-aspectj/aspectj-maven-plugin/actions/runs/6230950536
     - shows an intermediate step in which the plugin's reporting
     goalfails in integration tests,
  -- latest commit 1a819a4e stabilises the integration tests, but is a
     hacky work-in-progress commit that needs to be cleaned up. You
     asked for a reproducer, so I pushed the commit.

You can build the plugin quickly, if you deactivate the
'integration-test' profile. In order to reproduce the problem, run
something like

mvn -Dinvoker.test=CreateReport verify -P integration-test

on the lat6est commit, but locally revert this change in AjcReportMojo.java:
https://github.com/dev-aspectj/aspectj-maven-plugin/commit/1a819a4e0b2c3cd34797c3122488ea5833cf9fd5#diff-64f2431d9507f2996b65ccf8f9a4e202923d456e31579f3809ef4d648509b62e

Regards
--
Xander