Reverting back to my original question, also summarised in the subject
of this thread: Why is 'this.siteTool' null and not injected properly?
If I knew how to fix that configuratively or via coding, I would no
longer need to override 'exceute()', which relies on that field being
set, as you can see in my original message's stack trace extract.

Is there a bug in my project? Or is there one in Maven Reporting Tools?

Regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de