On Nov 17, 2004, at 11:54, Helck, Christopher wrote:

I thought I understood snapshots, but a recent email has confused me all
over again :-).

The post suggested that if I have two projects A and B then I could set
A's POM to have
  <currentVersion>1.0-SNAPSHOT</currencyVersion>

And that B should depend on A with
     <dependency>
         <artifactId>A</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
     </dependency>

Two things. First, change the dependency in B to

        <dependency>
                <artifactId>A</artifactId>
                <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>

Second, when deploying or installing A, use the "-snapshot" variant of the appropriate goal (eg, "maven jar:install-snapshot").

--
Craig S. Cottingham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]