From: Kenney Westerhof [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:15 PM
To: Maven Users List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ANT FTP with Maven

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, GOKULAM Jayaram wrote:

Hi,

first of all: you might consider leaving the confidentiality footer out,
since this email is addressed to a list, not a person, and is readable
by the whole world :)

As you can read in http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/ftp.html
nested fileset attributes are ignored in the ftp task. Instead
it wil mkdir the ${maven.remote.dir}, but that probably already exists,
so nothing is printed/done.

- Kenney

> Hi all,
>
> Am trying to connect to FTP server of windows to linux, using a
ant:ftp
> from Maven.
>

> When I run the above goal, it just displays the task on the console,
and
> it is not creating a directory as I wanted to.
>
> <goal name="remote:ftp" description="Copy the artifacts">
>
>             <ant:ftp action="mkdir" server="${maven.remote.machine}"
> userid="${maven.remote.user}" password="${maven.remote.password}"
> remotedir="${maven.remote.dir}">
>
>                   <ant:fileset dir="${maven.build.dir}" />
>
>               </ant:ftp>
>
>     </goal>
>

> Any help on the above issue would be great.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Jayaram
>
> Confidentiality Statement:
>
> This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which
is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from
disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the
intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return
email.

--
Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com