On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 10:44 -0400, McGarr, Joseph M. wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  To answer your questions plainly, yes, this
> happens to be a case where the container is providing the dependency at
> runtime.  So my resulting use case would be that I need a method to exclude
> a dependency from the runtime classpath, which means it should not be
> packaged with that dependency.  Do you need more information?

No that's great. This appears to be the case so far where people are
developing container applications and they need to compile artifacts
provided by the container environment but you obviously don't need to
bundle them.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)