On 6/28/05, Gisbert Amm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's not non-existant, it was formerly there and is obviously still
> existing in your version of the SCM plugin. However, it'll vanish when
> you upgrade the plugin one day (since it's deprecated). But you're
> right: As long as Maven does what you expect and doesn't complain, you
> don't need to worry.
>
> Regards,
> Gisbert Amm

Hi...
I think you misunderstood my question :) .What I meant by
"non-existant" is a non-existant TAG in cvs.So if I specify the
following

<preGoal name="build-all">
  <j:set var="maven.scm.cvs.module">SQLAdmin</j:set>
   <j:set var="maven.scm.tag">FOO_BAR_TAG</j:set>
   <attainGoal name="scm:cvs-checkout-project"/>
 </preGoal>

and there's no tag called FOO_BAR_TAG in cvs , maven still continues
to checkout my project without complaining that it can't find the tag
FOO_BAR_TAG in cvs.If it doesn't complain about it , then how can I
confirm that the correct tagged version was checked out?Whats the
point then of being able to specify a tag that isn't present in cvs ,
and then still maven doesn't pick up the error?

jeff mutonho