Ashley Williams wrote:
I've mentioned in a previous post that I'm slightly fed up with editing xml files, even with a fancy editor. I though I might knock up a stylesheet that will enable me to write a short hand for example:

project
    modelVersion 4.0.0
    groupId com.acme
    dependencies
        dependency
            groupId servletapi
        dependency
            groupId ejbapi

In other words tabs are important and should map nicely to begin and end tags. With a little magic the one-one map would mean I don't even need to keep a separate file since it's just a view on an existing xml file.

Question is: has anyone had this idea before and where can I download  it?

Thanks
AW

Ashley, way off topic dude! ;-)

AFAIK are many efforts at producing markup more minimal than XML. I remember
reading an article some years ago that listed between 4 and 6 different
candidates, with a short discussion concerning each. Just looked for and
couldn't identify or locate anything that looked similar, but try googling for
YAML and then stand back.  There are parsers and integrations for at least
perl, python and ruby. This is not a recommendation, just a suggestion about a
starting point.

Good luck