Vincent,
Is the 1.3.1 source a working example?

It it is, I am having the following problems with the source checked out from the SVN:
1) The business module not does generate a properly formated EJB.
   Resolved by adding the following to the build tag in project.xml
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <directory>${maven.build.dir}/xdoclet/ejbdoclet/</directory>
      </resource>
    </resources>

2) The presentation module does not generate properly formated war. Specifically the web.xml and taglibs generated by xdoclet are not included in the war.

3) The petstore application does not generate a complete ear. Specifically I see the following problems:
  o The business and presentation modules are not in the ear.
  o I am not sure application is included or correct.
  o I get the following error when deploying to Geronimo. Please note I
    have tried to correct the above error and those corrections may have
    contributed or cause the following error.
  Error: Unable to distribute xpetstore-application-3.1.3.ear: Could
  not deploy module xpetstore-business-3.1.3.jar caused by EJB
  [Counter] is misconfigured: no CMP mapping defined by OpenEJB DD.

Paul Spencer

Vincent Massol wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that my article about building J2EE projects
with Maven is up on http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/09/07/maven.html

Warning: It requires Maven 1.1 beta 2 which will be out in the coming few
days.

Cheers,
-Vincent
Check http://www.mavenbook.org for Maven tips