On Sep 19, 2005, at 6:55 PM, Kenney Westerhof wrote:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Kristian Nordal wrote:

You could file a JIRA issue for that plugin to request a
'execute:jar' goal that executes the jar if it is an auto-executable
jar (i.e. it's manifest has a Main-Class entry).

Done. http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-34

Note that maven2 is a project management/build tool, not a generic
execution environment, so plugins like these don't belong there (for now,
at least :))

Noted =)

--
Kristian

But I agree it would be easy if jar:execute worked too. ;)