On 11/27/05, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The field metadata when creating plugins is read from source files, so
> is not available when the original source is not. The metadata is
> available in the plugin in {{META-INF/maven/plugin.xml}}, but at this
> point there is no way to incorporate it when building a new plugin.
>
> We currently recommend building your plugins using composition instead
> of inheritence.

thanks brett. by composition you mean coding from scratch? currently i
am doing that but i was hoping to re-use some of the code in the
plugins. as it is i am going to use ant classes for directory scanning
and processing because most of the classes used in the code do not
have javadocs (and they seem to have low priority) to guide new users.
that is one issue that i have beef with but we have other alternatives
so we might as well leverage on that.

ciao!