On 14.12.2005, at 10:14, cameron101 wrote:
It would be great if the likes of Spring / Hibernate and other mainstream OSS vendors released new versions to Maven with all the POM's and direct dependencies. They themselves would benefit as the community would probably
have a faster take up of new technologies and therefore progress the
discovery and fixing of bugs and new functionality.

Unfortunately, this sounds highly unlikely for Spring. They just demoed their build system "common-build" at the Spring Experience conference which is based on Ivy: http://www.jroller.com/page/raible? entry=spring_agile_development_challenges_by

So yes, I agree we need more lobbying. I love Spring, but I don't need yet another build system.

Cheers,
-Ralph.