Hi,

>From the Continuum faq and mailing-list I understood it should be possbile
to use google's gtalk to be notified since it uses the jabber protocol,
but I must be doing something wrong  because I get this error:

ERROR
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.ContinuumNotificationDispatcher  -
Error while trying to use the jabbernotifier.
org.codehaus.plexus.notification.NotificationException: Exception while
sending message.
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:236)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendNotification(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:135)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.sendNotification(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:170)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.buildComplete(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:96)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:281)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:53)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.JabberClientException: Can't connect
to talk.google.com:5222
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(DefaultJabberClient.java:51)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:216)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: XMPPError connecting to talk.google.com:5222.: (502)
  -- caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
        at
org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.<init>(XMPPConnection.java:174)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(DefaultJabberClient.java:42)
        ... 8 more

This is my setup:

I'm using continuum 1.0.2, running a Maven 1.0.2 project in a windows
environment.

<!--
    | The jabber notifier
    |-->
    <component>
      <role>org.codehaus.plexus.notification.notifier.Notifier</role>
      <role-hint>jabber</role-hint>

<implementation>org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier</implementation>
      <requirements>
        <requirement>
          <role>org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.JabberClient</role>
        </requirement>
        <requirement>

<role>org.apache.maven.continuum.configuration.ConfigurationService</role>
        </requirement>
        <requirement>
          <role>org.apache.maven.continuum.store.ContinuumStore</role>
        </requirement>
      </requirements>
      <configuration>
        <from-address>my fist gtalk account without
gmail.com</from-address >
        <from-password>mypassword</from-password>
        <host>talk.google.com </host >
        <port>5222</port>
        <sslConnection>false</sslConnection>
      </configuration>
    </component>

Then in the continuum web interface I use the same jabber notifier
settings, and as jabber recipient I have [EMAIL PROTECTED],
not using SSL and not part of a Jabber group.

Both on Continuum server and client PC I have gtalk installed and via
gtalk I can communicate in two directions. So firewall should be open.
As mentioned on this mailing list, I have 2 different gtalk accounts, and
they are friends of each other.

I also tried to run Continuum server, when gtalk was switched of because I
think Continuum shouldn't need it to function.

Do I need to install some additional Jabber stuff? Or what else couldt be
the problem?

thanks a lot for advice,
Peter