Oops . Didn't know attachements arent accepted. Details below:

Folder structure
remo
--------- applications
               -----------------DotCom
----------modules
              ------------------ContentManager
               ------------------DotComCommon
               ------------------PrivacyWeb

PrivacyWeb POM:
<project>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>remo.gtvx2</groupId>
   <artifactId>PrivacyWeb</artifactId>
   <packaging>war</packaging>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <name>Privacy Web</name>

   <dependencies>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>remo.gtvx2</groupId>
         <artifactId>DotComCommon</artifactId>
         <version>1.0</version>
         <scope>provided</scope>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>remo.gtvx2</groupId>
         <artifactId>ContentManager</artifactId>
         <version>1.0</version>
         <scope>provided</scope>
      </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
      <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
      <version>2.3</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
      <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
      <version>1.3.3</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.activation</groupId>
      <artifactId>activation</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.2</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

     <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
      <version>1.7.0</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>log4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.8</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>struts</groupId>
      <artifactId>struts</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
      <version>2.0</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <version>1.0.2</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-fileupload</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-fileupload</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-digester</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-digester</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

   </dependencies>

   <build>
      <plugins>
         <plugin>
            <version>2.0-beta-2</version>
            <configuration>
               <archive>
                  <manifest>
                     <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                  </manifest>
               </archive>
            </configuration>
         </plugin>
      </plugins>
   </build>

</project>

DotCom POM:
<project>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>remo.gtvx2</groupId>
   <artifactId>DotComEar</artifactId>
   <packaging>ear</packaging>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <name>Dot Com EAR</name>
   <dependencies>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>remo.gtvx2</groupId>
         <artifactId>ContentManager</artifactId>
         <version>1.0</version>
         <type>ejb</type>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>remo.gtvx2</groupId>
         <artifactId>PrivacyWeb</artifactId>
         <version>1.0</version>
         <type>war</type>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>remo.gtvx2</groupId>
         <artifactId>DotComCommon</artifactId>
         <version>1.0</version>
      </dependency>
   </dependencies>
   <build>
      <plugins>
         <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.0</version>
            <configuration>
               <archive>
                  <manifest>
                     <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                  </manifest>
               </archive>
            </configuration>
         </plugin>
      </plugins>
   </build>
</project>

remo POM:
<project>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>remo</groupId>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <artifactId>gtvx</artifactId>
   <packaging>pom</packaging>
   <name>gtvx .com Build</name>
   <modules>
      <module>applications</module>
      <module>modules</module>
   </modules>
   <build>
      <plugins>
         <plugin>
         </plugin>
      </plugins>
   </build>
</project>

DotComCommon POM:

<project>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>remo.gtvx2</groupId>
   <artifactId>DotComCommon</artifactId>
   <packaging>jar</packaging>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <name>Dot Com Common Components</name>
[...]

            <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.0</version>
            <configuration>
               <archive>
                  <manifest>
                     <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                  </manifest>
               </archive>
            </configuration>
         </plugin>
      </plugins>
   </build>
</project>

In my case the coomon jars between DotComCommon and PrivacyWeb are
replicated. Also DotComCommon jar is replicated once within the WAR file.

Thanks and regards,
Karthik.