Hi Adel,

A temporary fix would be to run Maven with a -o parameter for offline
mode.  This ensures that Maven will not look online.  In my settings.xml,
I don't specify the <localRepository> tag.  I have never had to change the
settings.xml file except to add mirrors.  Since it says your folder does
not exist, maybe you can remove that <localRepository> tag.  See if that
works.

_Mang Lau

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/08/2006 10:20 AM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>

users@maven.apache.org
cc

Subject
Downloading from the local rep

Dear all,

I am trying to get Maven downloading the required artifact from my local
rep, but still using the remote one despite it's updating the local rep,
every time downloading from the remote. I tried to set-up my local rep via
Setting.xml as follow:
<localRepository>C:\Documents and
Settings\adel\.m2\repository</localRepository> , but still giving me the
below message every time reading my POM, any idea how I can sort this
problem please?

08/03/06 15:11:23 GMT: Reading /Stephenie/pom.xml
08/03/06 15:11:23 GMT: Local repository folder "" does not exist
08/03/06 15:11:24 GMT: Downloading [central] ->
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.12/log4j-1.2.12.pom
08/03/06 15:11:24 GMT: Downloaded [central] ->
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.12/log4j-1.2.12.pom
08/03/06 15:11:25 GMT: Downloading [central] ->
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.12/log4j-1.2.12.jar
08/03/06 15:11:29 GMT: Downloaded [central] ->
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.12/log4j-1.2.12.jar

Regards,

Adel

Please consider AJ Business Solutions Ltd's disclaimer at the end of this
email before reading this message or opening any attachments.

Adel Aneiba
Software Development
For and on Behalf of AJ Business Solutions Ltd.
Tel : 0870 7518 900 Ext 42 // Fax : 0870 4 10 14 15

This message is confidential and may be legally privileged. No
you are not the intended recipient please delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender
immediately.

You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or
copy any part of this message or any attachment if you are not the
intended recipient.

We will not accept any liability for damage caused by computer viruses and
it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

We may for the better performance of our business monitor incoming e-mails
sent through our e-mail system.