Are you using 'maven IDE' plugin? The doc says
(http://mevenide.codehaus.org/mevenide-ui-eclipse/features.html) that
proxy is not supported as well in this plugin.

How did you make it work in proxied network? I pass vm args
(-DproxySet, ...) to startup.jar but still with no effect.

> Everything else (build, run, jar:install, tests) is
> run with 'maven xyz' from command line, it's easier to manage.

Can you explain how com it may be easier to manage? In my opinion it
is just inconvenient. Imagine working this way with ant, which is
tightly incorporated into Eclipse JDT.