Note that the observation of Summertime/Daylight Savings Time does not
change the timezone where a developer resides.

Instead of changing everybody's timezone twice a year, I would recommend
making the timezone element its own complex type, more inline with the
java.util.TimeZone class:

<timezone>
      <name>Eastern</name>
      <offset>-5</offset>
      <useDaylight>true</useDaylight>
</timezone>

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      "Andreas Guther"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Maven Users List"
<users@maven.apache.org>
                      ttools.com>                  cc:
                                                   Subject:  TimeZone Element
in pom.xml
                      04/04/2006 12:43 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "Maven Users List"

Hi,

Is there a way in Maven to adjust the TimeZone element in the pom.xml to
daylight savings time?

We have an international team and I like the fact that we can see on the
maven generated web site's team list what time it is for a specific
developer.  What I am missing is the automatic adjustment for example for
my time zone which is in winter times -8 and in summer times -7.  I just
made a global search and replace in my pom.xml but actually it would be
more convenient maven could do that for me.

Is there anything that helps me solving the problem or is this worth an
enhancement request?

Andreas