Hi all,

  We (the few m1.1 developpers) are completly agree with you.
  Release early, release often is what we are trying to do for plugins
because you can use them today in maven 1.0.2 or in maven 1.1 beta X.
  In the history page [1] and in our you can see that we are releasing a lot
of plugins since maven 1.1 beta 2 ( I don't talk about maven 1.0.2 ).

  For the main distribution the problem is more complex.
  We have actually a lot of blocking bugs (multiproject problems, xml
entities not supported, ...) that we have to fix before to release maven
1.1-beta-3 :
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&type=1&pid=10030&status=1&status=3&status=4
  But these bugs are also depending of external libraries (jelly, dom4j,
jaxen, ....) and some of these projects are a little bit dead. It's why
maven 2 uses less external dependencies to not reproduce this error.
  And the last point : The community for m1 is less and less active. People
are migrating to maven 2 and nobody wants to lost his time to debug and
patch maven 1.1 :-(

Cheers

Arnaud

[1] http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/bundledHistory.html