Brett Porter wrote:

2.0-20060330.003327-1 from cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository

Add <aggregate>true</aggregate> to the configuration in the root project.

Brett,

Thanks for this - unfortunately - no dice :-(.

Adding :

 <pluginRepositories>
   <pluginRepository>
     <id>maven-snapshot-repository</id>
     <name>Maven Snapshot Repository</name>
     <url>http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository</url>
     <snapshots>
       <enabled>false</enabled>
     </snapshots>
   </pluginRepository>
 </pluginRepositories>

to my top-level pom breaks my build immediately:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' from the repository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
 org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
maven-snapshot-repository (http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)

I make no explicit reference to the site-plugin in my pom.

If I enable snapshots, mvn happily goes off and upgrades every plugin - but this is a little too bleeding edge for my build...

Is there a way to specify a plugin-repo on a per-plugin basis - I could not find one :-(

Apologies for failing to follow simple instructions...

Jules

- Brett