certainly a limitation. You can lock in the non-bleeding edge
versions, but that's a bit tedious.

The Javadoc plugin is up for release right now (the vote passed, it
just hasn't been done). So if you just use that to test for a day or
two, you will be able to remove the snapshots again and set the
javadoc version to 2.0.

- Brett