Tom,

I would be interested in this also.

When I run a mvn clean with I get the flowing.

D:\Personal\SourceCode\my-app>mvn clean
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Quick Start Archetype
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean]
[INFO]
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin: checking for
updates from central
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Checksum failed on download: local =
'28d81deaa7c41e6f2d6f9eb6db76c44069b72b53'; remote = '<?xml' - RETRYING
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Checksum failed on download: local =
'28d81deaa7c41e6f2d6f9eb6db76c44069b72b53'; remote = '<?xml' - IGNORING
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Apr 25 14:34:47 BST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

Ben