On maven proxy config , you must set a proxy value to
repo.THE_MVNPUBLIC_REPOS.proxy key.
for instance

 #www.ibiblio.org
repo.www-ibiblio-org.url=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2
repo.www-ibiblio-org.description=www.ibiblio.org
repo.www-ibiblio-org.proxy=instagate
repo.www-ibiblio-org.hardfail=true
#Cache this repository for 1 hour
repo.www-ibiblio-org.cache.period=3600
repo.www-ibiblio-org.cache.failures=true

Tom,