Hi,

I am not sure if this is similar to one I encountered couple of weeks ago.

Can you try:
1) using the "-X " (debug) option and see what plexus-utils JAR is being loaded up and use from classpath. From what you mention it appears its the first one is getting picked up. 2) using <version>1.3-SNAPSHOT in the pom.xml and see if that makes a difference.

What's the groupId on the plexus-utils for 1.1?

Cheers,
Rahul

henrikwl wrote:
Running Maven 2.0.4 release, and am trying to build the latest
cobertura-maven-plugin from SVN. The compiler throws a "symbol not found"
for the getDefaultExcludesAsList() method in the FileUtils class.
This is regardless of the fact that plexus-utils-1.1.jar is present in my
classpath, as well as in M2_HOME/core. I have also manually checked both of
these, to verify that the method does indeed exist.
The only thing that solves the problem is putting the jar file in
JAVA_HOME/lib/ext, but this is rather an ugly hack, and I'm wondering what
could make maven behave in this way.