no, classifier in both

On 6/20/06, Jose Gonzalez Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Do you mean this?

parent pom:
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
        <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
        <version>4.7</version>
        <scope>test</scope>
      </dependency>

child pom:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
      <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
      <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
    </dependency>

I tried it, and it also fails

2006/6/20, Carlos Sanchez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> [...]
> > [...]
> > </project>
> >

> > Child pom:
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <project>
> >   <parent>
> >     <groupId>org.surveyforge</groupId>
> >     <artifactId>surveyforge</artifactId>
> >     <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
> >   </parent>
> >   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> >   <artifactId>surveyforge-classification</artifactId>
> >   <name>SurveyForge Classification API</name>
> > [...]
> >   <dependencies>
> >     <dependency>
> >       <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
> >       <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
> >     </dependency>
> > [...]
> >   </dependencies>
> > [...]
> > </project>
> >
> > If I try to run any goal I get with these two files I get the following:
> > [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> > [INFO]
> > [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).
> >

> > Project ID: org.surveyforge:surveyforge-classification
> > POM Location:
> > U:\proyectos\otros\surveyforge\surveyforge-classification\pom.xml
> > Validation Messages:
> >
> >     [0]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for
> org.testng:testng
> >

> > Reason: Failed to validate POM
> >

> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] Trace
> > org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Failed to validate POM
> >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java
> :365)
> >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java
> :278)
> >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
> >         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:256)
> >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
> > NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> >         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
> > DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(
> Launcher.java
> > :315)
> >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(
> Launcher.java
> > :430)
> >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> > Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.InvalidProjectModelException: Failed
> > validate POM
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.processProjectLogic(
> > DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:926)
> >         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileInternal
> > (DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:416)
> >         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(
> > DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:192)
> >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java
> :515)
> >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(
> DefaultMaven.java
> > :447)
> >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(
> DefaultMaven.java
> > :491)
> >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java
> :351)
> >         ... 11 more
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
> > [INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 20 12:11:45 CEST 2006
> > [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
> > [INFO]
> >

> > If I take away the classifier tag in the parent pom maven is able to
> > validate the pom, but (obviously) fails because it cannot download the
> jar.
> > If I include the whole dependency in the child pom and take it away from
> the
> > parent pom I also get a correct execution.
> >
> > Any ideas? Is the classifier tag allowed in the dependency management
> > section? Is this a bug?
> >
> > Best regards
> > Jose
> >

> --