Ok, now it's working... may I ask what is the logic behind this? I mean, why
must classifier be included in the child pom?

Thanks a lot, best regards
Jose

2006/6/20, Carlos Sanchez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

no, classifier in both

On 6/20/06, Jose Gonzalez Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > I'm having a really strange problem related to dependency
management. I
> > have
> > > a parent pom with some dependencies declared in the dependency
> > management
> > > section, and a child pom inheriting from it. One of the dependencies
is
> > the
> > > testng jar. Here you have excerpts from both files:
> > >
> > > Parent pom:
> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > <project>
> > >   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> > >   <groupId>org.surveyforge</groupId>
> > >   <artifactId>surveyforge</artifactId>
> > >   <packaging>pom</packaging>
> > >   <name>SurveyForge</name>
> > >   <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
> > > [...]
> > >   <dependencyManagement>
> > >     <dependencies>
> > > [...]
> > >       <dependency>
> > >         <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
> > >         <version>4.7</version>
> > >         <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
> > >         <scope>test</scope>
> > >       </dependency>
> > > [...]
> > >     </dependencies>
> > >   </dependencyManagement>
> > > [...]
> > > </project>
> > >

> > > Child pom:
> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > <project>
> > >   <parent>
> > >     <groupId>org.surveyforge</groupId>
> > >     <artifactId>surveyforge</artifactId>
> > >     <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
> > >   </parent>
> > >   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> > >   <artifactId>surveyforge-classification</artifactId>
> > >   <name>SurveyForge Classification API</name>
> > > [...]
> > >   <dependencies>
> > >     <dependency>
> > >       <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
> > >       <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
> > >     </dependency>
> > > [...]
> > >   </dependencies>
> > > [...]
> > > </project>
> > >
> > > If I try to run any goal I get with these two files I get the
following:
> > > [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> > > [INFO]

> > > [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> > > [INFO]

> > > [INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).
> > >

> > > Project ID: org.surveyforge:surveyforge-classification
> > > POM Location:
> > > U:\proyectos\otros\surveyforge\surveyforge-classification\pom.xml
> > > Validation Messages:
> > >
> > >     [0]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for
> > org.testng:testng
> > >

> > > Reason: Failed to validate POM
> > >

> > > [INFO]

> > > [INFO] Trace
> > > org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Failed to validate
POM
> > >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(
DefaultMaven.java
> > :365)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java
> > :278)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java
:115)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:256)
> > >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
> > >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
> > > NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> > >         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
> > > DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> > >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> > >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(
> > Launcher.java
> > > :315)
> > >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java
:255)
> > >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(
> > Launcher.java
> > > :430)
> > >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> > > Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.InvalidProjectModelException:
Failed
> > > validate POM
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.processProjectLogic(
> > > DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:926)
> > >         at
> > org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal
> > > (DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:737)
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileInternal