On 7/31/06, Alex Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Not to ask a stupid question, but why should I have to use a plugin for
this?  This is standard functionality that many projects require.  Shouldn't
this be part of the standard maven goals?

If you have a standalone app then you probably want to create an
binary assembly that would include your jar file (with correct
Class-Path in the Manifest file), any dependent libraries, and config
files, any documentation.

To do this you will want to use the
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin

Search the archives, there should be plenty of examples on this.
I tend not to use the built in descriptors as I find they don't meet my needs.
It is very easy to write your assembly descriptors.