A list of goals isn't really much of an 'about' the plugin.  It would be
more usefull to describe what the plugin can do and provide tutorials...

(I'm in the process of getting sorted out with a confluence id etc... I'll
be happy to help write some docs).

Alex.

On 7/30/06, Barrie Treloar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/31/06, Alex Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not to ask a stupid question, but why should I have to use a plugin for
> this?  This is standard functionality that many projects
require.  Shouldn't
> this be part of the standard maven goals?

If you have a standalone app then you probably want to create an
binary assembly that would include your jar file (with correct
Class-Path in the Manifest file), any dependent libraries, and config
files, any documentation.

To do this you will want to use the
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin

Search the archives, there should be plenty of examples on this.
I tend not to use the built in descriptors as I find they don't meet my
needs.
It is very easy to write your assembly descriptors.