Ian,

The goal of the jboss-packaging-maven-plugin is to consume the existing
functionality of the jboss-sar-maven-plugin and extend it to support as many
packagings as JBoss supports and users request. My initial need was for
JBoss Spring packagings (.spring files) for use with the JBoss Spring
Deployer[1].

Since all of the various JBoss packagings are just JARs with a specific
deployment descriptor it didn't seem entirely correct to extend the
jboss-sar-maven-plugin to build HARs, PARs, etc. Much of this was discussed
on the mojo-dev list approx. a month ago.

FYI, the mojo site [2] is out-of-date. Also, there is currently a fairly
significant bug[3] that blocks most usage -- I'm trying to find time and
hints to fix this. It's probably an easy fix but I'm very confused by the
fact that maven generates the artifact with the correct name, but deploys it
with a different name.

I see you added a JIRA issue[4] for your use case. In the mean time, could
you not use/configure the maven-dependency-plugin to copy the required
dependencies into the appropriate location (e.g,. target/classes/lib) prior
to the packaging phase? Just a quick thought.

Doug

[1] http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossSpringIntegration

[2] http://mojo.codehaus.org/jboss-packaging-maven-plugin/

[3] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-449