Building the latest version of the plugins require to set the snapshot
repository.
Have a look at the guide:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

Your required dependency can be found there:
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-plugins/2-SNAPSHOT/

I guess you shoudl correct parent pom to version 1 of maven-plugins, since
current 2-SNAPSHOT version will require you to get maven-2.0.5-SNAPSHOT. Or
else, you can still install the latest version of maven :)

Denis.