On 8/9/06, Pete Marvin King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Jeff,

Sorry about the example, the correct one should be

   <configuration>
      <webResources>
         [...]
         <resource>
           <directory>configurations</directory>
           <!-- override the destination directory for this resource -->
           <targetPath>WEB-INF</targetPath>
           <!-- enable filtering -->
           <filtering>true</filtering>
           <excludes>
              <exclude>**/properties<exclude>
           </excludes>
         </resource>
      </webResources>
    </configuration>

it's webResources/resource. So far I can only assure you that the
targetPath configuration
will only work in 2.1-SNAPSHOT. I'm not sure if the targetPath patch was
applied to the
2.0 series.

If you have the time you can get the source and built the latest war
plugin from the trunk.

---
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-war-plugin
cd maven-war-plugin
mvn install
---

hope this helps,
pete marvin

I checked out the maven-war-plugin project and tried to build it by
running  "mvn install" , but got stumped by the error :

D:\jeff\workspace\maven2\maven-war-plugin\maven-war-plugin>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: maven-plugins
Version: 2-SNAPSHOT

 org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
 central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: POM 'org.apache.maven.plugins:
maven-plugins' not found in repository: Unable to download the artifact from any
repository

 org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:2-SNAPSHOT

This makes sense since the pom.xml has :

<parent>
   <artifactId>maven-plugins</artifactId>
   <version>2-SNAPSHOT</version>
 </parent>

Pete , what do I need to get this to build?

Jeff  Mutonho

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042