On 8/30/06, ccadete <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I installed a new my archetype, created by me, in a repository, with the
groupId=My-Archetype, but when I choose to use it, using the
-DarchetypeGroupID=My-Archetype in the command line, maven will try to
download it from org.apache.maven.archetypes ( that is the default
archetypes location ), so it will not find it.

(In addition to the possibly problem with the dash that Eric mentioned,)
If the archetype is not in your local repository, and not in the
central repo, you will need to use
  -DremoteRepositories=...
to tell Maven where to find it.

If you're still stuck, post the exact command you're typing, and the
error message you get.

--
Wendy