Geoffrey De Smet wrote on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 3:56 PM:

> Markus KARG wrote, On 2006-09-19 3:37 PM:
>>

>> Bruno Aranda schrieb:
>>
>>> Well, probably the development community of the Apache Fop project
>>> can help you. Check the project site [1].
>>

>> I have asked them.
>> They don't know.
>> They even didn't know that FOP is available on that repository.
>> So someone just put it up there without their knowledge!
>>

> That's the case for a good number of projects (those that don't use
> maven and don't use maven's ant tasks).
> The poms of these projects usually have a lot more bugs then
> those done
> by the developers themselves. Don't be afraid to make
> fop-0.20.5.markus1 in your repo that fixes bugs in those poms (and
> send the
> fixed poms to
> their dev list).
>
> Meanwhile vote for the fop issue to get decent poms in the repo. The
> system works: the most voted issue for spring (decent poms in
> the repo)
> will be fixed for spring 2.0. The will even switch their
> build to maven2
> after 2.0 :)

This does not help, since it is no POM issue! Maven may select the version
declared in the POM but it does not have to. So it is quite brain dead for any
library to define a fix classpath in the manifest. Do the devs know with which
other libs and deps they're users have to be compatible? E.g. we're running FOP
with complete different avalon artifacts ...

- Jörg