As Jochen pointed out, it can be fixed with a new version. From a QA's PoV you
cannot change a reelased version ever. See, we have relesed own artfiacts using
FOP as dep. If POM or the artifact itsefl would change now, or build is no
longer consistent. Even worse, the build could then be different on different
machines - depending on their local repo, since a released artifact is
considered *final* and never downloaded again.

But it would be beneficial for you since I would change it in a way that FOP is valid for everyone, so you can remove your workarounds. Since in your case the Class-Path isn't taken into account anyways as you wrote, what have you lost?
begin:vcard
fn:Markus KARG
n:KARG;Markus
org:QUIPSY QUALITY GmbH;Entwicklung / R & D
adr:;;Stuttgarter Strasse 23;Pforzheim;Baden-Wuerttemberg;75179;Bundesrepublik Deutschland
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Staatl. gepr. Inf.
tel;work:+49-7231-9189-52
tel;fax:+49-7231-9189-59