Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
Thanks James for your feedback.
We'll add a note about plugin dependencies in projects.

Nobody else is interested by maven 1.1 ?

Should we continue to try to release a final version 1.1 ?
Everybody moved to maven 2 or your existing maven 1.x satisfy you ?

We are indeed interested in Maven 1.1 since more than 200 of our existing builds are currently using Maven 1.1 beta 2 and will definitely not be migrated to Maven 2.

However, we simply haven't got the time to test Maven 1.1 at the moment since we're fiddling with Maven 2 to probably make it the default for all future builds.

I shortly switched the live build system to Maven 1.1 beta 3 when it came out (beginning of last week, IIRC), but got some errors I haven't had the time to further investigate yet (most of them probably incompatibilities with our home grown plugins, I guess). So I switched back to Maven 1.1 beta 2 until I got a bit more time (only touch a running system when you got time to fix it afterwords).

I think I can give the RC1 a try next week.

-Gisbert Amm