dan tran wrote:

> I think this plugin is more like a assembly plugin with launch4j
> specifics.
> am i wrong?

I intend to use it in conjunction with the assembly plugin. I'll generate an
exe file to wrap my jar, then I'll use the assembly plugin to tar up my exe
along with docs, a lib directory for dependencies, etc.

But from reading this mailing list, I've gotten the impression that people
use the assembly plugin in all sorts of elaborate ways. I have a
single-module project, packaged as a jar, and as part of the packaging
phase, I toss that jar into a tarball along with everything else. Is that
normal? It sounds like a lot of people use a top-level pom-packaged module
that just runs the assembly plugin, and then a sub-module to create the jar.

I don't really want to recreate the assembly plugin. I just want to turn a
jar into an exe.